Pages

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I GOT RICKROLLED IRL!!!

Today was AWESOME.

I had a bunch of training stuff to go to, and it was all pretty good. The best part was our staff time where we each talked about our own identity and got to know each other on a much deeper level. I love those kinds of open discussions where nobody is going to judge you and you can share and be honest about your beliefs and your feelings. It's a really great experience.

Then after our staff time we had to get ready for the Music Extravaganza. THAT was FUN.

Each hall's staff (or in our case, the CDC staff) was assigned a random song and they had to come up with some kind of skit/dance/thing to present to the rest of the groups. We ended up with Boot Scootin' Boogie, which we then mixed with the Macarena, and EVERYBODY in the audience danced along. It was awesome.

There were several other awesome halls that did cool skit/dance/things, but there was one in particular that I loved. They stared out with one of the RAs pretending to be Justin Bieber. The two other male RAs were his body guards, and the girls were his crazy fans. They screamed and followed him around stage for like thirty seconds before the song started, and then they all stopped, looked at the audience, and shouted, "RICKROLL!" And then Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up" came on. IT. WAS. AWESOME. It didn't look like very many people actually got it, though, which made me both a little sad and a little smug. (If you don't get it, here's a good explanation.) It was kinda epically awesome.

You clicked on the link back there, didn't you? Wow*. Seriously? I mean, I guess I understand if you honestly don't get it, but if you know about Rickrolling, then you should know to expect something like that. Just saying :)

Anyway, it's nearly midnight and I kinda had a long day. I think I'm gonna go finish the episode of Bones I was watching earlier, read some more Hunger Games**, and then go to bed. Tomorrow I will do laundry and make banana bread. Yay! :)

Until tomorrow, best wishes!


*Here's a real explanation from wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rickrolling
**Hunger Games = AWESOME.  The third and final book comes out in less than a week and I am super excited!  You should read them if you haven't.  DO IT.  READ THEM.  http://amzn.to/aE2loz

Days until school: 12
BEDA posts: 18
Sewing projects completed: 8 (hopefully I'll get some more of these done tomorrow, too)

4 comments:

  1. I'd like to issue a challenge to you. Write one post without an asterisk. I will be impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why is there a double asterisk on Hunger Games, but no corresponding double asterisk at the bottom?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grr!! I fell for it! Thanks for including the real explanation at the bottom, I guess I'm just out of the loop. =>

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops, I forgot to put the Hunger Games footnote! My bad. It's there now :)

    ReplyDelete