Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2011

What Ever Happened to Seniority?

GRRRRR! I missed ANOTHER night! *sigh* In my defense, I was up until 1:30 am working on a paper, so it didn't even OCCUR to me to blog. Sorry, guys.

So tomorrow is going to be INTERESTING. See, my school has a lot of students and not nearly enough housing. Lots of people live off campus, but the incoming Freshman class keeps getting bigger and bigger each year, and this year the housing situation was DIRE. They're cramming as many people into these buildings as possible. So they decided to change up the application process. Instead of going with seniority (like they have every other year I've been here) and giving the upperclassmen priority to choose their housing, they made it an all-out lottery. So unlike years past when I got to choose my room several DAYS before the sophomores or freshmen got to choose theirs, I'm stuck with one of the much later dates (tomorrow) because that was my "randomly assigned" lottery date. Of course, since my roomies and I were ALL given tomorrow as our date, most of the potential rooms are already taken. Which means we're all kinda screwed. Which kinda sucks.

The good news? My mom is transferring up to NAU next year, so if I can't get a room on campus I'll share an apartment with her.

Still, though. This whole this is rather frustrating.

I'll let you guys know what happens tomorrow. Until then, best wishes!

-Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment