Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Shoot :(

Has it really been that long since I blogged? *frownyface* I guess BEDA can only be counted as a semi-success this year. Maybe I'll do better in BEDAugust. (I think I'm gonna do BEDA and BEDAugust from now on. It's nice doing it twice a year.)

Now, for the excuses! So here's the dealio. Last weekend I went home for Easter. Normally this wouldn't put a such a big dent in my blogging because Easter is only ONE DAY, right? WRONG. My Easter lasted ALL WEEKEND.

Friday- Drove home in the afternoon. Ate Sonic in the car. Arrived home, changed, headed right back out to the Mesa Easter Pageant (the largest outdoor Easter Pageant in the world, incidentally). It was totally awesome and I LOVED it, but I was understandably exhausted after all the travel and then the pageant and then eating a bunch of half-off appetizers at Applebee's with my dad, my brother, and my brother's friend. Got home at like midnight.

Saturday- Babysat kiddos* from 9:00 to 1:00. Went back to Mom's for Easter stuff. Little 4-year-old cousin hunted for Easter eggs. So did brother (17). So did I (21). It was fun (mostly because the eggs had money in them). Then had emotional meltdown #1 of Easter weekend. That was fun (or not). Then went to see Into the Woods at ASU, which was super-duper awesome. It was a LONG show, though. Got home around midnight.

Sunday- Went to church w/ Dad and kiddos at 8. Only stayed for Sacrament Meeting**. Got back to Mom's around 9:30, had leftover pasties for brunch. Cue emotional meltdown #2. Went with Dad and kiddos out to North Phoenix for Easter with extended family. Lots of fun, also exhausting. Headed home around 3.

[Hilarious story from the car: Little sister is playing with her seatbelt. I tell her to stop. She keeps pulling it out farther and farther. Again, I tell her to stop. She lets it go and then tries to pull it again but, lo and behold, the safetylock is activated.
Sister: It's STUCK!
Me: I know.
Sister: It's STUCK!!!!
Me: That's how it's supposed to be.
She pulls it harder, still expecting it to come out. It remains stuck.
Me: Honey, you can't keep pulling on it. I know it's counterintuitive, but the harder you pull the more stuck it gets.
Silence.
Dad: You know you just said "counterintuitive" to a three year old? A six syllable word.
Me: Huh. *is proud*]

Sunday cont- Got back to Dad's house, dropped off Dad and kiddos, went to pick up brother from Mom's house. Went back to Dad's house, played Settlers of Zarahemla***. Nona brought Mom to Dad's house, Mom drove with me up to Flagstaff. Nona took brother back to Mom's house. Mom and I got to Flagstaff around 9, COMPLETELY EXHAUSTED.


So, you see, I've been busy. Sorry, BEDA. Guess it just wasn't meant to be.

-Allison

P.S. Stay tuned! I am going to blog about the AWESOME that is THE GODDESS TEST. I finished it yesterday and I FREAKING LOVED IT. My blog will be unspoilery for the first half, and then after the clearly marked break it will be SPOILERS GONE WILD. Just so you know.



*My darling (read: HANDFUL) siblings. Verity is 3, Ammon is 2. I adore them, but they are TIRING.
**Sacrament Meeting = like Mass or the thing in other churches where the pastor preaches a sermon (does that have a name?)
***Different version of Settlers of Catan

1 comment:

  1. Is anyone else wondering what happened to the promised vlog of a while back? *continues waiting impatiently*

    ReplyDelete