Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Mixing It Up

I'm sick of the this-is-what-I-did-today blogs. So let's mix it up a bit!

THE CONTENTS* OF MY DESK**:

Lamp: Bought this for vlogging light. It was like $8 at Target and I <3 it!

Important papers: I should probably do my taxes. Heh. (In my defense, I don't actually OWE any taxes. Because I don't make enough money. Because I'm a COLLEGE STUDENT.)

Book: Wicked Appetite by Janet Evanovich*** (Haven't actually read it. My friend loaned it to me, but I have soooo many other books that I have to read for school this semester, so I don't think I'll get to it.)

Walmart gift card: New Walmart opened up in Flagstaff, so they sent everyone $5 gift cards. I found it yesterday when I was cleaning :)

Recipes: From the cooking class I took last semester. The one on top is for Orange-Coconut Rolls, and they were SO YUMMY. Think I'll make them some time!

Unicorns vs. Zombies buttons: I won a contest and got a free copy of the book, a poster, and two pins (one for Team Unicorn, one for Team Zombie).

Scripture Mastery cards: In high school I attended seminary (a church class that we had during our school day), and we did this thing called Scripture Mastery where we memorized specific verses of scripture. These are the little study cards with a list of all 100 scriptures and their key words.

Writing utensils: Pens, pencil, whiteout pen, yellow crayon.

Dora Fruit Snacks wrapper: MmmmMmmmMmmm, deliciooooso!

Box of crayons: I take these to my Hall Council meetings so we can color on our agendas.

"Huffleberry" and Prefect badges: From our Quad Hall Cup last semester.

Mexican cards: A deck of cards I bought in a gift shop at a museum in Mexico. They are Prehispanic Mexican Gods**** themed.

Lip gloss: Birthday cake flavored

Mini Disneyland Cards: Given to me by one of my best friends from his trip to Disneyland. I used to carry them around in my purse. They're adorable.

Cameras: My digital camera and my flip camera <3

Scriptures: You know, like, the Bible and stuff*****

Ninety-page YA Lit bibliography: A list of YA books and their descriptions, by category (social issues, romance, adventure, etc.), from my YA Lit class. MJ is on there :)

Pictures: Like, actual printed ones. Crazy, right?

Take-home menu from Red Velvet Cupcakery in Tucson: Only the most delicious place EVER.

Stapler: It's purple.

Earrings: Duh.

Strawberry Shortcake sunglasses: Bought them for my 3 year old sister because they were adorable. Keep forgetting to bring them home with me.

Penny: Ooh, it's heads! That means good luck for meeeee!

Harry Potter tin: Won this freshman year in my Reading Harry Potter class for having the best costume (The Grey Lady)******

Keyboard and mouse: Again, no explanation needed.

Harry Potter blanket: To protect my propped-up legs from the lip at the edge of the desk

Okay, so that was more of a general description of my desk. I didn't want to get into TOO much detail and bore you all to death. (Or bore you MORE to death.)


*This is actually a majorly abridged version of what my desk usually contains because my mom was in town and helped me clean my room up :)
**From left to right
***Whenever I see this last name, I think of Evanna Lynch
****Quetzalcoatl FTW
*****Also the Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, and the Pearl of Great Price (LDS scriptures that go along with the Old and New Testaments)
******

2 comments: