Pages

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Big News! (And welcome back to blogging, Allison.)

YOU GUUUUUYS!  I have something REALLY COOL to tell you.

A short story that I WROTE with my OWN TWO HANDS is being PUBLISHED!  Let me type that again for emphasis: PUBLISHED!

It's going to be in an anthology called Vampires, Zombies, and Ghosts, Oh My! (and Other Creature of the Night STORIES).  It will be published in eBook format, so gets those eReaders ready!

In anticipation of the release, I've launched a WEBSITE.  Because I'm FANCY like that.  You should CHECK IT OUT: www.allisonridley.com :)  It's still pretty simple, because I'm still learning how to do web-site-y stuff, but I'm rather proud of it!

That's my BIG NEWS for the week, but in smaller news I've decided that it's high time I return to the world of blogging.  See, after BEDAugust I was kind of burned-out on blogging, but I miss being able to share my innermost thoughts with the internet on a regular basis, so I'm going to start up again.  I can't guarantee how OFTEN I will blog, but I think I'm gonna shoot for once a week.

Speaking of things that will happen once a week, I've ALSO decided to start* VLOGGING.  My goal with that is also once a week, so I think what I'll do is write my blogs on Tuesday or Wednesday and do my vlogs on Friday or Saturday.  That way they're kinda spaced out.

I've already done my first vlog of this Vlog-Once-a-Week-November-and-December, or "VOWND."




Anyway, that's pretty much my life right now!  School is going well, though I've been kind of distracted the last few nights with the excitement of getting published.  I'm loving almost all my classes, though, which is a HUGE improvement from last year.  I'm a little behind on a couple homework assignments, but I'm not gonna let that get me down.

I hope you'll all check out my website at some point... I'm really kinda proud of it, and I'd love for you to share it with your friends if you're so inclined.  I know I'm not even close to being KNOWN or anything, but I feel so professional now and it's a really cool feeling.  So humor me.  There's a little box on my site where you can ask questions, or you can comment on the "news" section... it would totally make my day if you did.

Thanks for being such great friends.  I love you all!

Best wishes!



*By "start," I mean "start for the first time since the last time I decided to be a vlogger"... which was almost a year ago.  Heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment