Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Piano Gets THIS Chick!

Listening to Mike Lombardo's "Piano Don't Get Chicks".  I <3 this guy.  He is a piano rocker.  He is freaking AWESOME.  I think he might be my favorite musician.  Seriously.  He is a REALLY TALENTED piano player, and he is freaking hilarious.

Check him out on YouTube:



And here's a video of him playing "Piano Don't Get Chicks" live:




My favorite songs of his (in case you were curious):
-That Will Be The Day
-I Found You
-Hey Molly
-Colby's Song
-Abby Never
-Piano Don't Get Chicks

And he's really cool, too.  He always responds to me on Twitter and he streams all his songs for free at http://mikelombardo.bandcamp.com/, which is AWESOME.  So check him out.  Seriously.  I know I'm totally geeking out about this, but I ADORE him.  I just hope he'll come to AZ some day.  Actually, you know what?  I just want him to come out west.  I would TOTALLY road trip to go see him.  (Well, as long as it was during the summer... I probably wouldn't be able to miss classes.  I think he would appreciate the fact that I'm trying to get an education, so I don't think he'd hold it against me.)

ANYWAY... check him out if you have a few minutes.  He's awesome.  Seriously.

In other news, I'm almost finished with Bran Hambric: The Farfield Curse by Kaleb Nation (another AWESOME guy that I love).  I need to hurry, though.  The book signing is on Saturday, and I still need to read book two!  Eeep!  I'm not really worried, though.  I go through books pretty quickly when I set my mind to it.

And next up on the reading list is Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson!  Yaaaay!  We're having our first meeting for the NAU Banned Books Club next week and we're going to decide on a reading list and meeting times and everything... and we're going to start out with Speak!  It's going to be so much fun.  This project is like my baby... I'm so proud of it and I can't WAIT to see where it goes!  (I'm using a lot of exclamation points right now.  This means I'm excited.)  We bought some cool merch from the ALA that promotes reading banned books, and I invited a bunch of English Education students, and, and, and.... it's going to be SO AWESOME.  Yay.  :)

Well, I think that's enough excitement for today.  I really hope you check out MiLo, though.  Seriously.  I <3 him.

Best wishes!

-Allison

P.S.  Wanna see the awesome bulletin board I made for Banned Books?  (It's part of my job to make example bulletin boards in the Community Development Center for the RAs to see.  I <3 this board so much.  See all the book covers?  I MADE those.  With paper and markers.  Yeah.)

5 comments:

  1. Why are twilight and To Kill a Mockingbird banned books? That seems silly.
    Holy cow mad skills with markers! I'm super impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twilight: Sexually explicit, unsuited to age group, religious viewpoint. (Because, you know, a MORMON wrote it so it MUST be religious. *eye roll*)

    To Kill A Mockingbird: Racism, offensive language, unsuited to age group. (Because, you know, showing how racism affects people is RACIST.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is basically the coolest bulletin board ever!! Speak is definitely on my reading list (after Hunger Games). I subbed for a high school English class yesterday and they are reading Speak! Cool, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome. Mike Lombardo is AMAZING. I can see why Twilight would be banned, but To Kill a Mockingbird...? Come on... the classiness of it offsets the "bad stuff". Love this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This whole post is basically about a ton of things I adore. Mike Lombardo, Kaleb Nation, Speak. :) Hooray I found a blog I now really like

    ReplyDelete