Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

*dusts off blog* *coughs*

Er, hi! It's been a while. Sorry about that. See, here's the thing: *insert excuse about hard semester and lots of reading and homework*. So, yeah, that's why I haven't been on the blog much.

BUT THAT IS ABOUT TO CHANGE!

You see, April is a special month. Way back in 2009 I spent a semester in Mexico, and that semester just happened to be the semester that I got involved in YouTube and Twitter and all that fun stuff. That was the semester that I was introduced to Maureen Johnson* and her quirky ways. And it just so happened to be the semester that her novel Suite Scarlett was being released in paperback.

Here's the thing about Maureen: she LOVES the internet. Specifically Twitter, but she also writes FANTASTIC blogs. And in order to get everyone excited for the May 1 release of her paperback, she decided to BLOG EVERY DAY IN APRIL. Originally it was just something she was going to DO, but somehow it became a THING. Other bloggers decided to blog every day as well, and before we knew it there was a Maureen Johnson ning** and TONS of fans gearing up for what we called BEDA (Blog Every Day in April). I made some awesome friends through BEDA and had fun coming up with interesting ways to blog every day without becoming too boring or repetitive. It was AWESOME.

AND NOW IT IS ALMOST APRIL.

Despite my busy semester and all the homework and reading I have to do, I am going to BLOG EVERY DAY. In April, I mean. Not forever. That's a lot of blogging. I'll probably talk about school. I'll probably talk about books. And I'll probably talk about my ultimate Hogwarts Wedding plans***. Even if it's a blog made entirely of pictures or a blog written in haiku, you can rest assured that there will be one EVERY DAY.

CARE TO JOIN ME?

It's easy. Seriously. The only rule is that you blog once a day, and even that rule isn't really a rule because FAILURE IS ALLOWED. So there's no pressure. Just fun, fun, fun****. Seriously. Do it. You know you want to.

SEE YOU ALL TOMORROW!

Allison :)



*The author, not the character from RENT.
**Like a mini social networking site for people with a particular interest (in this case, Maureen Johnson)
***Not that I'm actually getting married or anything. I just like to plan weddings. Seriously.
****BEDA, BEDA, gotta get down on BEDA / Everybody's lookin' forward to the blogging, blogging

No comments:

Post a Comment