Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

It's Been A While...

Hey, all! It's been a while since I've blogged, hasn't it? I didn't exactly finish BEDA, but never fear! I will be back for BEDAugust. This time it's PERSONAL. Or something.

So the end of April and the beginning of May were MEGA BUSY for me. But guess what? I got (almost) all B's this semester! This is a huge improvement from the last few semesters.* So the whole not-blogging thing was for a good cause.

Sometime in the last few weeks of the semester I got an AWESOME phone call. See, I had applied to be an RA over the summer, but they only hired like two new people and neither one of them was me. In that application I also noted my interest in a job working as a Conference Assistant, which is kind of like an RA except it's for the dorms that host various conferences over the summer instead of the dorms that students live in. I didn't get that job either, but now we're back to that awesome phone call.

I was actually in the bathroom when the phone rang, so I didn't get to it in time to answer. But whoever it was left a message, so I called my voicemail to see who it was. It was a lady who worked for Residence Life. She had a position open for someone to do billing (and other random jobs) for the summer conferences. She usually looked through the Conference Assistant applications to find her student workers and she said I came HIGHLY RECOMMENDED in my interview. She said that I would be working 20-40 hours a week with a very flexible schedule AND I would get housing on campus.

My roommate can attest that my mouth was hanging open and my eyes were wide as saucers as I listened to this message. A job on campus! Over the summer! With HOUSING! I was in shock. This was AMAZING. I listened to the message again. No, I hadn't been dreaming. This was for real. I thought about it for all of twenty minutes (ten of which I was on the phone with my mom) before calling back and accepting.

SO! Now I'm living in FLAGSTAFF for the SUMMER. If you're not from the general Phoenix area you might not understand how FREAKING AWESOME this is. It's gorgeous up here. It's actually a little COLD sometimes. It SNOWED a couple weeks ago. Sure I'll miss the opportunity to just jump in the pool in my backyard, but honestly? I didn't do that very often anyway.

I've been working for a week or so now and I love it. I haven't had a desk job in YEARS, so it's kind of awesome. And it's a really laid back environment, which I love. So, basically? This summer is gonna be GREAT.

Oh, and I'm gonna go back to my end-of-the-post look-what-I've-done-this-summer count-y things. I liked those.


Until next time, best wishes!

<3 Allison


*Depression sucks, but what they don't tell you is that it really affects your grades :-/ (It's cool, I'm doing great now. I'll talk about it in another post probably.)




Sewing projects completed: 0
Books read: 0
Buffy episodes watched: 122/144
(You can see where my focus has been.)

2 comments:

  1. Dude, get busy and watch the those last two episodes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, it was supposed to say 144. I have a whole season left. Lol :)

    ReplyDelete